Friday 7 December 2012

Writing a popular blog



My book, Thai Lottery… and Other Stories from Pattaya, Thailand has just been published and all my mates think it’s great; at least that’s what they tell me when I am buying the drinks. It never occurred to me that I would have to market the thing; I just assumed that someone would read it, decide it was good and then tell the rest of the world. All I would have to do is answer a few e-mails from appreciative readers and then cash the royalty cheques. A cameo role in the movie, a bit like Alfred Hitchcock used to do, would be cool too But I am a patient man, that could wait. 

Then the publisher explained my role in all this. I did the Facebook page, opened my first Twitter account and finally plucked up the courage to write a blog (yes this one). Then it struck me, I am trying to popularise my book by writing a blog, how the hell do I popularise the blog? If anyone can point me to a blog explaining how to do that, I would be very grateful. In the meantime I will just press on and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment